ONLINE SATSANG GUIDELINES
Join Online Satsangs
1. Download Zoom onto your device.
3. Scroll to 'Online Satsang Registration'.
4. Click on the link or links of the satsangs you would like to join.
5. Fill out the Webinar Registration and payment information.
6. Your confirmation link for each webinar will be sent to your email inbox. Note - At times, email confirmations coming from zoom are delayed. Please register early, hours or days ahead of time to ensure you have received the sign in confirmation email in time for the satsang.
7. Click on 'Click Here To Join' up to 1/2 an hour before the scheduled time of the webinar from your Gurpreetji Online Satsang Confirmation email.
8. Further instructions pertaining to having a smooth online experience can be found below. Please read thoroughly to ensure you and the rest of the online attendees have the best experience possible.
Device Position During a Connection
1. Position your device so that your camera is at eye level. This may require that you prop up your device on a stable surface using books, or any prop that you have available.
2. Position yourself and your device so that you are centered in the middle of the screen and your head is at the top of your screen. Please sit close to your device, a good reference point is your head and shoulders are visible.
3. If using a mobile device, ipad, tablet or mobile phone, rotate it so that the camera is at the top of your device in portrait or vertical position. (not in landscape/horizontal position) While having a connection, place your device on a stable surface such as a table or desk. Please do not hold your device or have it sitting on your lap.
4. Sit in a well lit, quiet room with the light in front of you and not behind you. If you are sitting in front of a window or have a light on behind you, Gurpreetji and others viewing cannot see you well.
Microphone and Earbud/Phone Connection
1. For best sound quality use earbuds or earphones with a microphone. Please make sure your microphone and speakers are connected to your earbuds or earphones in zoom.
2. Check Connection: While in zoom, go to the microphone icon at the bottom left corner of your screen. Click on the little arrow beside the microphone and scroll to the bottom of the dropdown list to audio settings. A new window will pop up and you will see speakers and microphone. There is a drop down menu field for each. Please click the dropdown and make sure you have selected the earbuds/phones you are using.
3. You will also see a 'Test' button for both the speakers and microphone that you are connected to. Please click the test button to test that you are connected properly. The sound should be heard through your earbuds/phones not coming from your device.
Having a Connection
1. If you would like a connection please sign on a 1/2 hour before the satsang begins and raise your hand. To raise your hand you will see a small hand icon at the top or bottom of your screen. All the names of the raised hands are sent to Gurpreetji each day and she is selecting the connection order.
2. The names chosen for connection will be announced 15 minutes before each satsang begins. Names chosen during one satsang will carry over to the next. If you have been chosen, please continue to sign in at least 15 minutes early each day and continue to raise your hand. This will let us know that you still want a connection and lets us easily see you when it is time to move you into the connection room.
3. When it is your turn to have a connection with Gurpreetji you will be brought into the connection room. You will be prompted to turn on your video and microphone when it is your turn. Please do not turn them on before you are invited to do so.
4. All of the connections are audio recorded and can be accessed in 'Retreat Recordings' (with subscription) on the Gurpreetji.com website.
What you can do to help your individual ability to connect well.
1. Shut off your cell phones, web browsers, email accounts, facebook, youtube, Netflix, Fire Stick, any live or on demand streaming, etc on your device or other devices in your home.
2. Try to limit the number of devices you are using to join the webinar. Two people in a house with two devices may interfere with the connection for your home.
3. If others in your home are using internet this will also be taking up bandwidth and may slow your connections for the webinar. Perhaps they could not use the internet while you are in the satsang, especially if you are going to have a connection.
4. If your internet connection is really poor, you may also contact your internet service provider, Shaw, Telus, Rogers, etc and upgrade your internet speed. This will cost extra but may be worth it to have a more stable connection.
Gurpreetji’s Approach To Guiding
Participants are invited to sit with Gurpreetji in the spirit of openness, love and simplicity. Through this presence, she connects with the person at a heart level, allowing her to listen to their questions from this place, rather than from a place of mental analysis.
Gurpreetj's guidance is from the heart level. She rarely advises people on questions around their practical, everyday life, rather directing participants to the often deeply rooted patterns that may underlie their questions. Thus, there is nothing that people must ‘do’ to benefit from Gurpreetji’s guidance.
Gurpreetji does not guide people towards intellectual understanding or concepts of the mind, but rather shows them the truth that has always lived within them. There are no obligations or commitments to be made, just a simple invitation to be in the satsang to grow.